Washington DC Employment Resource Center
Whether just starting out in your career or well established in your career, LDS Employment Resource Services (ERS) or Self-Reliance Services (SRS) can help you accomplish your career goals. The employment center or self-reliance center offers one-on-one coaching, workshops and a large database of employment, education and self-employment opportunities. By visiting the center you learn the most effective job search practices, build your network and find resources to help you further your education or manage a successful small-business.
We recommend that you log-in and begin creating your profile on ldsjobs.org prior to visiting the employment center. Even if an employment center or self-reliance center is not close enough for you to visit, ldsjobs.org offers many online resources. If you desire, an employment advisor can also provide assistance over the telephone or through e-mail.
CAREER WORKSHOP - 2 day Event
The 2-day Career Workshop will include:
- Identifying and assessing Skill Sets
- Preparing your own Commercial 30-Second Summary & Power Statements
- Growing your Network
- Identifying Resources (your own and on the Internet)
- Effective use LDSjobs.org (multiple Resources)
- Understanding the Interview thru a Mock Interview
- “How to Dress” and scripting for Job and Information Interviews
- Résumés and other necessary correspondence
- Achieving Success on the Job
If interested - requirements are that you MUST register by calling 301-736-9550 or emailing the ERC office at
WEL-EC-WashingtonDC@LDSChurch.org, and commit to attend the 2-day workshop.
"Dress for Success". Day 1 - "business casual.
" Day 2 - "business formal."
You will also want to bring a lunch each day. A refrigerator and microwave are available for use.
Register and come and join us.