Nashville Tennessee Employment Resource Center
LDS Employment Resource Centers provide additional support that individuals may need to become self-reliant, including access to information about community resources, one-on-one coaching and mentoring, as well as additional workshops and classes that might be needed. These centers serve as a place where jobseekers can find employment opportunities, learn how to write a résumé or cover letter, and receive one-on-one mentoring and guidance. Some centers occasionally host job fairs. LDS Employment Centers may also serve as a gathering place for Church members and other members of the community seeking to strengthen their temporal and spiritual self-reliance.
Centers are open to the public and the services are free of charge. Centers operating hours vary in order to best meet the needs of local Church members.
LDS Employment Resource Centers offer…
- A gathering place for Church members and others seeking to become more self-reliant through employment, education, and self-employment
- Personalized coaching and career planning
- Access to the internet, computers, phones, printer, and copier
- Job postings and lists of local employers
- Assistance with resumes and cover letters
- Interview preparation, including video-taped practice interviews
- Information about local education and training programs, including scholarship and financial aid information
- Information about local self-employment resources, including NGOs and microcredit institutions
News and Events
One More Customer
The One More Customer monthly event brings SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS together in one location to network, exchange business cards and build relationships. Fran Tarkenton and a special guest present an insightful business coaching session via video webcast. This month join us as Burt Holland shares insights to help you navigate the world of video. As the importance of video content and marketing grows, you need to understand how to leverage video in the most effective, powerful, and attractive way.Speaker(s): Michele Schulman, The Nathan Group
Speaker(s): Michele Schulman, The Nathan Group
Fee: No Cost
Incentives Programs for Hiring Veterans Seminar
HR for Small Businesses
- Description/Outline: This class will cover the basics of human resources for small businesses with 1-50 employees. Participants will be exposed to best practices and guidelines at both the state and federal levels. Resources for the class will include examples of various laws, websites for further reference, and general statements for the creation of a policy handbook for your organization.This free seminar will be held at the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce, Conference Room 2A located at 3050 Medical Center Parkway, Murfreesboro. To register for this seminar, please call 615.898.2745. Arrangements for the handicapped can be provided with advanced notification.
Speaker(s): Kayla Miller
Fee: No Cost
Multi-Employer Job Fair