West Jordan Utah Employment Resource Center
LDS Employment Resource Centers provide additional support that individuals may need to become self-reliant, including access to information about community resources, one-on-one coaching and mentoring, as well as additional workshops and classes that might be needed. These centers serve as a place where jobseekers can find employment opportunities, learn how to write a résumé or cover letter, and receive one-on-one mentoring and guidance. Some centers occasionally host job fairs. LDS Employment Centers may also serve as a gathering place for Church members and other members of the community seeking to strengthen their temporal and spiritual self-reliance.
Centers are open to the public and the services are free of charge. Centers operating hours vary in order to best meet the needs of local Church members.
LDS Employment Resource Centers offer…
- A gathering place for Church members and others seeking to become more self-reliant through employment, education, and self-employment
- Personalized coaching and career planning
- Access to the internet, computers, phones, printer, and copier
- Job postings and lists of local employers
- Assistance with resumes and cover letters
- Interview preparation, including video-taped practice interviews
- Information about local education and training programs, including scholarship and financial aid information
- Information about local self-employment resources, including NGOs and microcredit institutions
News and Events
REFUGEE FALL JOB FAIR
REFUGEE FALL JOB FAIR
Wednesday,October 24, 2018
11:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
UtahRefugee Education & Training Center
250 W. 3900S., Building B • SLC
GET A JOB.GET EXPERIENCE. GET A CAREER.
• THIS JOBFAIR IS OPEN TO ALL JOB SEEKERS •
Employers and recruiters will be on-site to talk about currentopportunities with their companies.
• Bring your resumé, dress professionally and be prepared to talkto a hiring representative.
Participating employers include . . .
Employer & Job Opening
- Prime Machine Incorporated, Welder, Machinist, Millwright, & Balance Technician
- Wheeler Machinery, Apprenticeship Opportunities
- West Liberty Foods, General Production, Machine Operator, Forklift/Warehouse, Quality Assurance
- GDIT, Customer Service / Bilingual Customer Service (Spanish)
- HMSHost, Food Service, Line Cook, Janitor, Dishwasher, Restaurant Host/Hostess, Restaurant Busser
- Creative Energies Solar, Solar Installer
- FedEx Services, Warehouse, Data Entry, & Customer Support (Call Center)
- Utah Transit Authority, 10-20 various positions
- Homewatch CareGivers, Home health aide
- Grand America Hotels & Resorts, Laundry Attendant, Housekeeping, and Servers
- University of Utah, Hospital & college openings, 500 openings
- H&R Block, Support Specialist
- Discover Financial Services, Customer service Banking Collections
- BGR Restaurant, Cashier, Sandwich Maker, Drink mixer
- Merit Medical, Operations, Manufacturing and Warehouse positions
- Wells Fargo, Call Center Positions
- PNC, Restaurant positions
- Resource Mfg and Prologistix, Picker/Packers and Production
- SME STEEL INDUSTRIES, INC, Welders
- L3 Technologies, Mostly Software Engineering
- Vivint Smart Home Arena, Custodial, Operations, Security
- Wasatch Property Management, Laborer and sales
. . . and more!
Employers subject to change without notice
LDS Business College Job Fair
LDS Business College is please to announce our upcoming Career Fair on November8th at 10:30 am - 2:30 pm. We would love to have you attend our fair!
Registration is through Handshake. If you haven't heard about handshake,here is some basic information. Please register for an account so you can attend our upcoming Career Fair.
On behalf of LDSBC, I am excited to tell you about our upcoming transition to Handshake - a modern platform for college recruiting. Handshake will replace our current system job board and offer your team many great new features like:
• Managing all your campuses with Handshake at no cost.
• A mobile experience - update your job postings, view applicants, and more all while on the go using Handshake's responsive design.
You will be receiving an invitation from Handshake, if you haven't signed up already, inviting you to create an account. Signing up is easy and takes less than 5 minutes. Please post any jobs that will be open on or after 09/17/2018.Students will be invited into the system shortly thereafter to start applying!
Want more information? Visit Handshake's Employer Site here: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004897268-The-Employer-Onboarding-Process