Colorado Springs Colorado Employment Resource Center
LDS Employment Resource Centers provide additional support that individuals may need to become self-reliant, including access to information about community resources, one-on-one coaching and mentoring, as well as additional workshops and classes that might be needed. These centers serve as a place where jobseekers can find employment opportunities, learn how to write a résumé or cover letter, and receive one-on-one mentoring and guidance. Some centers occasionally host job fairs. LDS Employment Centers may also serve as a gathering place for Church members and other members of the community seeking to strengthen their temporal and spiritual self-reliance.
Centers are open to the public and the services are free of charge. Centers operating hours vary in order to best meet the needs of local Church members.
LDS Employment Resource Centers offer…
- A gathering place for Church members and others seeking to become more self-reliant through employment, education, and self-employment
- Personalized coaching and career planning
- Access to the internet, computers, phones, printer, and copier
- Job postings and lists of local employers
- Assistance with resumes and cover letters
- Interview preparation, including video-taped practice interviews
- Information about local education and training programs, including scholarship and financial aid information
- Information about local self-employment resources, including NGOs and microcredit institutions